Friday, June 15, 2012

Decorative relief carved wild rose tile

Earth Song Tiles web site
Earth Song Tiles Facebook page

6x6 relief carved ceramic wild rose tile from

To The Rose Upon The Rood Of Time
Red rose, proud rose, sad rose of all my days
come near me while I sing the ancient ways
Cuchulain battling with the bitter tide;
the Druid grey, wood nurtured, quiet eyed
who cast round Fergus dreams, and ruin untold;
And thine own sadness, whereof stars, grown old
in dancing silver sandaled on the sea,
singing in their high and lonely melody.
Come near, no more blinded by mans fate,
I find under the boughs of love and hate,
In all poor foolish things that live a day,
Eternal beauty wandering on her way.

Come near, come near, come near - Ah, leave me still
a little space for the rose breath to fill!
Lest I no more hear common things to crave;
The weak worm hiding down in it's mall cave,
the feild mouse running by me in the grass,
and heavy mortal hopes that toil and pass;
But seek alone to hear the strange things said,
by God to the bright hearts of those long dead,
and learn to chant a tongue men do not know.
Come near; I would before my time to go,
sing of old Eire and the ancient ways.
Red rose, proud rose, sad rose of all my days.
~W.B. Yeats~

No comments:

Post a Comment