Saturday, January 25, 2014

Handmade relief carved ceramic thistle tile

http://earthsongtiles.com
http://facebook.com/earthsongtiles

~Happy Robert Burns Day~
I mind it weel, in early date,


When I was beardless, young, and blate,

An' first could thresh the barn,

Or haud a yokin' at the pleugh;

An' tho' forfoughten sair eneugh,

Yet unco proud to learn;

When first amang the yellow corn

A man I reckon'd was,

An' wi' the lave ilk merry morn

Could rank my rig and lass,

Still shearing, and clearing

The tither stooked raw,

Wi' claivers, an' haivers,

Wearing the day awa.



Ev'n then a wish (I mind it's pow'r),

A wish, that to my latest hour

Shall strongly heave my breast -

That I for poor auld Scotland's sake

Some usefu' plan or beuk could make,

Or sing a sang at least.

The rough burr-thistle, spreading wide

Amang the bearded bear,

I turn'd the weeding-heuk aside,

An' spar'd the symbol dear:

No nation, no station

My envy e'er could raise,

A Scot still, but blot still,

I knew nae higher praise.







6 comments:

  1. Mosaic tilesAt Eastman International, mosaic tiles are designed in large variety. Hundreds of people are making a contact with us in order to send the photos of their mosaic art and we created several pages to showcase some of this incredible artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Find outdoor tiles
    At Gaiastone we take great pride on the values we bring into work; we are passionate about natural stone, and we are also passionate about our environment. In fact, our name, Gaiastone, means Stone from the Earth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Website...
    Hey JOIN now fblikesbot.com and Increase Facebook Likes your profile and websites.
    Increase Facebook Likes and check your website worth worth my websites
    FB Likes and check your website worth Website Value Calculator
    Hot Wallpapers
    its may be very beneficial for you also really

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Noble Floors Wholesale offer online a huge online shopping catalog with more than 15,000 different flooring like tile, ceramic tile, laminate, glass tiles, natural stones, travertine, marble and pavers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We’ve been stumbling around the internet and found your blog along the way.

    We love your work! What a great corner of the internet :)


    pave tile - official website

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great survey, I'm sure you're getting a great response.
    Ceramic tile

    ReplyDelete